Maintaining a Healthy SELF IMAGE
by Dr. Dale V. Atkins, April 2005
We each create our own self image. Whether you are your own person or let others define you is essential with coming to terms with who and what you believe yourself to be.
Our sense of our physical, emotional, social, intellectual, psychological and moral selves contributes to that larger picture. Talk positively to yourself using the language of a kind and supportive person. Visualize this person and hear their voice as you begin to make it your own.
Below are Sanity Savers to help you maintain a healthy self image:
• Don't underestimate your own potential
• Go "out of the box." Try something new and different
• Look at your accomplishments
• Put your energy into focusing on your strengths
• Find and follow positive mentors
• Listen and trust your inner voice
• DO NOT spend time with people who do not respect your values
• DO spend time with people who care about you and whom you care about
• DO NOT accept other people's opinions of who you should be
• DO be open to developing or renewing a fulfilling and spiritual life
• Meditate regularly.
Copyright - Disclaimer - Limitation Of Liability
DrDaleAtkins.com © 2001-2015 All Rights Reserved
Sanity Savers is a trademark of Dr. Dale Atkins
Digital ... with a human(e) touch